The Malvern Library will be closed on 1/16/2017

On January 16th, Martin Luther King day, we are going to be putting new carpets in the children's room and back sun room, as well as moving the shelves around to make it a more open and friendly space. This is a project that has been needed for a long time, and we finally have the funds to make it possible.

We are so excited about this project, but it is going to be a lot of work. On Saturday the 14th at 3:45 PM, we invite patrons to help us move the books off the shelves into temporary storage. On the 16th at 4:30 PM, we also invite anyone who is interested to help us do the opposite! If you're interested, email!

The Malvern Public Library


It all began in 1873 when members of the Society of Friends – for $5 per share of stock – formed the Malvern Library Company. In 1894, the “Public Library and Reading Association” was established by a citizens’ group, and in 1899, the Malvern Public Library was chartered. Since 1912 when the Library moved into the Borough Building, it has been associated with the Borough. It has been in its present location since 1985. In 2003, the Borough Building underwent a major renovation and expansion which added a reading room and children’s porch to the Library’s space.